Thai Red Curry with Chickpeas and Mango is the perfect nourishing summer recipe and so easy to make at home. The addition of our Vita Coco Coconut Milk adds a creaminess and sweetness that makes it much tastier and healthiest than than regular take-out options, too!
½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp Red Thai curry paste (or more, to taste)
1 stick lemongrass, bruised
1 Keffir lime leaf
1 tbsp ginger, minced
One red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 ½ cups Vita Coco coconut milk
½ cup water (plus more, if needed)
2 tbsp coconut aminos
Juice ½-1 lime
1 tsp coconut sugar
2 tins chickpeas, drained
2 Pak Choy, chopped
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
Edamame beans, to top (optional)
1) Start by heating a tablespoon of Vita Coco coconut oil in a pan until melted. Add the onion and sauté, stirring often, for a minute or so. Add in the garlic and fry until the garlic is lightly coloured.
2) Add in the curry paste, lemon grass, ginger, lime leaf and red pepper. Gently fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
3) Pour in the coconut milk and water, along with the coconut sugar and coconut aminos, and bring to a gentle bubble, before reducing to simmer.
4) Heat for around ten minutes, adding more water and curry paste (to taste) if needed. Stir in the lime juice and the pak choy and heat for another minute or so.
5) Season to taste, then serve in bowls topped with fresh mango, coriander, edamame if using and rice.