This Strawberry and Avocado tart promises to be star of the show; it's healthy, tasty and insta friendly.
For the base
- 3 cups (approx 300g) ground almonds (or tigernut flour for nut-free)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 5 tbsp Vita Coco coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice (to taste)
- Zest one lime
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
For the filling:
- 3 large, ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup, or sweetener of choice (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp Vita Coco coconut milk
- Juice 3-4 limes (to taste)
- Zest two limes
- Drop lime essential oil (optional)
- To top: fresh berries
- Start by making your base. Preheat the oven to 170C. Stir together all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined. Press into a loose-bottomed tart tin (we used a rectangular tin 36cm by 12 cm), pressing the base up the sides, and smooth over with a back of a spoon. Place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Leave aside to cool.
- In the meantime, make your filling by blending all ingredients together until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness / lime flavour as desired.
- Once the tart base has cooled, spoon over the avocado lime mousse filling. Top with berries, then cut into slices and serve immediately.
- N.B Stores in the fridge well, but avocado discolours after a while - this is best served fresh!
Please send us pictures of your avo creations!! @VitaCocoEU