Happy Easter Coconutters! Why not try Selasi's Easter Egg Suprise? An egg-stra healthy take on our favourite Easter treat!
• 4 empty duck egg shells, washed and dried.
• Edible gold spray or gold paint
• Edible gold glitter
• Painting brush
• 10 ml vodka
• Egg topper
• 1 tbsp. melted Vita Coco Coconut Oil
• 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and chopped
• 150g 51% min dark chocolate
• 3-5 tbsp. Vita Coco Coconut Milk
• ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
• 50g white chocolate, shaved with a peeler
1. Carefully cut the top of the egg with an egg topper. If you
do not have this, use a sharp knife (You need keep the whole
shell intact). Pour out the egg into a clean bowl.
2. If you use a knife, use a nail file to smoothen the egg
shell. Place the egg shells into a bowl of soapy water and
gently use your fingers to brush the inside, removing the
3. When cleaned and dried, mix some vodka with gold dust and
paint on egg shells or spray with gold paint. Add glitter and
gently place in an egg box to dry.
4. Melt the chocolate with the Vita Coco Coconut Oil in a
bowl over a pot of boiling water. Make sure the water is not
touching the bowl or else this can burn or become grainy.
Stir and when completely melted, set aside to cool.
5. Whizz together the avocado and melted chocolate in a food
processor until smooth, whilst adding the milk. Continue to
blend until you have a mousse like consistency.
6. Fill a piping bag with a round nozzle. Pipe the mousse into
the egg shells to the top.
7. Top with the white chocolate shavings.
8. Chill until ready to serve.
Don't forget to share your snaps with @VitaCocoUK #NutsAboutCoconuts