Summer means it's time for salads, and Selasi has whipped up this delicious crispy duck salad to give your summer salads a twist - give it a go!
· 1 tbsp. Vita Coco coconut oil
· 2 duck breast fillets.
· Sea salt
· 1 tbsp honey
· 250g cooked quinoa
· 80g broad beans
· 1 boiled fresh corn, off the cob. Alternatively, a small can of corn will do.
· 1 red roasted pepper chopped
· Handful roasted cherry tomatoes
Crispy green beans
· 60g fresh green beans
· 1 large egg
· 60g panko bread crumbs
· 60g plain flour
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp paprika
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. For the green beans, mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper and garlic into a bowl.
2. Whisk eggs in another bowl.
3. Working a bean at a time, dip into the flour mixture, then egg and bread crumbs. Repeat for all beans and place onto a tray and bake until crispy for 15-20minute at 180 fan oven.
4. Toss the quinoa, corn, peppers, tomatoes in Vita Coco coconut oil and honey. Set aside.
5. Pat dry the duck breasts. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to rest.
6. Heat up a non-stick frying pan, until hot.
7. Gently place the breasts into the hot pan and cooked 4 minutes on each side (depending on preference, you can cook longer).
8. To serve, plate with quinoa salad, top with crispy beans and duck.
1. Duck will cook in its own fat so no need to oil pan. You need a good pan ideally.
Don't forget to share your snaps @VitaCocoEU