Beautiful on the inside and out. This Rainbow Thai Salad couldn't be healthier, or more colourful so whether you're cooking for yourself or for a houseful of guests, it's sure to go down a treat!
What you’ll need: Serves 4
For the salad:
Approx. 180g vermicelli/rice noodles
2 medium whole carrots - ribboned
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 large handfuls chopped coriander
2-3 tbsp chopped mint
1 large handful packed spinach – roughly chopped
½ red cabbage, sliced thing
1 medium red pepper, sliced thin
For the dressing:
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter + 1 extra tbsp
3 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp chili garlic sauce (or sub 1 red Thai chili minced or 1/4 tsp red pepper flake)
1 lime, juiced
¼ cup Vita Coco coconut milk
¼ cup Vita Coco coconut water (to thin)
What to do:
1. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions, rinse, drain, and set aside to cool.
2. To a large serving bowl, add cooked and cooled noodles, carrots, spring onions, coriander, mint, spinach, cabbage, red pepper and toss loosely to combine. Set aside.
3. Make the dressing by adding peanut butter, tamari/soy sauce, maple syrup, chili sauce (or chili or red pepper), and lime juice to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Then add warm water a little at a time until desired sauce consistency.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, chili sauce (chili or red pepper) for heat, lime juice for acidity, or tamari/soy for saltiness.
5. To serve, add the sauce to the salad, toss well until the vegetables are covered.
Notes* you could also have this with crispy tempeh/tofu for an extra texture, avocado in the salad also works wonders!