Quick to make, these delicious cookies are sugar-free but still beautifully sweet from the honey. Packed full of oats, making them more filling than your average cookie, blogger Imperfect Matter’s morsels can also be eaten for breakfast, guilt-free.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3 heaped tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp manuka honey
- 1 ½ mug of oats
- Flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the cashew butter, honey and coconut oil and stir into a gooey mixture.
- Slowly add the oats, making sure they’re all covered in said goo.
- Place approximately 8 tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking tray (covered with baking paper) and flatten them out with your hands to create cookie shapes. Keep them quite thin, so that the outside goes nice and crunchy.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds on top of each cookie.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.