Start the day right and stir up a bowl of blogger Clove Food Co’s creamy oaty breakfast topped with sweet peaches spiked with cardamom.
Ingredients for the porridge:
- 100g porridge oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200ml milk
- 150ml water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey, agave syrup, maple syrup or date syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Ingredients for the topping:
- ½ peach or nectarine, sliced
- ¼ tsp bee pollen (optional)
- Sprinkling of ground cardamom
- Drizzle of honey, agave syrup, maple syrup or date syrup
- Put all of the porridge ingredients into a pan over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a medium simmer. Stir continuously over a gentle heat for 8-10 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. If the porridge looks too thick and dry, just add a little more milk or plant milk.
- Once at the desired consistency and nice and hot, divide into two bowls.
- Chop the peach or nectarine in half and remove the pip. Slice each half into chunks or thin slices and lay over the top of the bowls. I like to sprinkle mine with a little more ground cardamom and bee pollen.
- This recipe is actually naturally very sweet so I often do not need to add any extra honey or syrup on the top – it’s up to you though, go for it if you are feeling naughty/in need.