Bored of plain old porridge every morning? Our friend Healthy Jon has come up with a tasty blackcurrant porridge packed full of flavour and goodness to brighten up your mornings!
- ½ cup of oats
- ½ cup of rice flakes
- 2 cups of Vita Coco Coconut Milk
- ¾ cup of frozen blackcurrants
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- dash of vanilla extract
- Blend oats, rice flakes, milk and ½ a cup of the frozen blackcurrants in a blender.
- Pour into a sauce pan on a low-medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- After 2-3 minutes heat a small frying pan on a medium heat and add; the other ¼ cup of blackcurrants, 1 tbsp. of the maple syrup and 2 tbsp. of water. Simmer until blackcurrants have softened and water has reduced slightly.
- Stir the extra 1 tbsp. of maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract through your porridge, then pour your porridge into a bowl.
- Top with the sautéed blackcurrants and enjoy.
Don't forget to share your snaps @VitaCocoUK and check out @healthyjon for more tasty recipes!