Granola is always a winner and when coupled with our organic, 100% raw, extra-virgin and cold pressed Vita Coco Coconut Oil, this recipe packs a punch! Quick, healthy and tasty.
For the dry ingredients -
3 cups oats
1 cup puffed quinoa
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup flaked almonds
3 tbsp ground almonds
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
For the wet ingredients –
5 tbsp Vita Coco coconut oil
3 tbsp natural, smooth almond butter
3 tbsp brown rice syrup
1.5 tsp vanilla paste
100g dark chocolate chunks
100g dried strawberries, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 160C and line two baking trays.
2. Stir together your dry ingredients in a large bowl, then set aside.
3. In a saucepan, gently melt together the coconut oil, molasses, brown rice syrup and cashew butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat, then stir through the sweet potato and vanilla.
4. Stir your dry ingredients together with your wet, until the mixture starts to stick and clump together. If needed add a touch more nut butter or melted coconut oil.
5. Lay the granola on your baking trays, then place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until becoming golden. Turn the oven up to 180C and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the granola becomes crisper.
6. Turn the oven off, then leave the granola inside the oven, door open, for half an hour (this will allow your granola to crisp even more). Remove from the oven, then allow to cool.
7. Once cool, stir through dried fruit of choice and chocolate chips. Place in airtight containers until ready to eat, before serving with slices of fresh strawberries and . Vita Coco coconut milk.