Have you ever tried making vegan banana bread using Vita Coco Coconut Oil? It’s nutritious, packed with flavours and a lovely coco-nutty taste.
Created by food and travel blogger, Giulia Mule, author of the popular Mondomulia blog
Giulia says: “This loaf doesn’t have dairy, unrefined flour or unrefined sugar. You can use wholemeal flour too, but personally I prefer spelt flour which has a great nutty flavour that I love in breads and cakes. Spelt is full of nutrients, fibres, and more protein than traditional wheat flours.”
Perfect to make and eat over the weekend. Or, as it is such an #eatclean treat why not try a slice of this moreish vegan banana bread for breakfast? Go on, you know you deserve it!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 100ml Vita Coco Coconut Oil, melted
- 175g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g spelt flour
- 1 + 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Line a 1kg (2lb) loaf tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix together the mashed bananas, Vita Coco Coconut Oil, sugar and vanilla extract. After mixing, stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Add the desiccated coconut last and stir.
- Pour the mixture into tin. Bake for roughly 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the banana bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Eat & enjoy!