Award-winning foodie blogger Nourishing Amelia, AKA Amelia Littlejohn, has shared some of her fave recipes with us. And they're delicious!
This roasted Mediterranean vegetable and cauliflower rice recipe is oh-so simple, super tasty and inexpensive. The cauliflower rice makes a great option if you want a light meal but you can substitute it for brown rice if you would like a heartier, more filling meal.
These flavours and textures are truly mouthwatering! I love the fresh taste of thyme and basil mixed with zesty lemon and perfectly roasted Mediterranean vegetables.
Courgette and pepper provide you with vitamin C, aubergine doesn’t just taste good and soak up all the flavours it’s cooked in but it also contains B and C vitamins, magnesium and manganese.
Everything is cooked in Vita Coco Coconut Oil, which contains medium-chain fatty acids which only go through a 3-step process to be turned into fuel (as opposed to the 26-step process many other fats go through). Hurrrah!
Adding raw, unrefined coconut oil from Vita Coco to your meals is an easy and delicious way to get the most from your food.
- 100 g aubergine
- 100 g courgette
- 1/2 red onion
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 120 g yellow pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 g fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Cut all the vegetables into chunky pieces (apart from the cauliflower).
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil into a baking tray and place into the oven for a couple of minutes to let the oil melt.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and add all your chopped vegetables, along with the crushed garlic, herbs and salt & pepper. Mix together well so everything is thoroughly coated then place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through to ensure everything is cooked evenly.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and discard the stalk. Place florets into a food processor and blitz until it’s broken down into small rice-sized pieces.
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat, once melted add the riced cauliflower with a little salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and dish up alongside the roasted Mediterranean vegetables.