Soup brings us a lot of comfort in the winter months so why not warm up with this cosy recipe? With a thick creamy coconut base, root veggies and curry powder this soup is perfect for wintertime. It’s packed full of flavour, and is utterly delicious. Enjoy on cold evenings for a nourishing yet wholesome dinner – and add some extra chilli if you’re looking for more heat!
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. chilli, optional
400g carrot, peeled and chopped
600g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
1 ½ cup Vita Coco Coconut Milk
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil over a low heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until it has softened, not browned.
- Stir in the garlic and gram masala and cook for couple of minutes, then add in the sweet potato and carrot and stir well.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and coconut milk, and then simmer for half an hour until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and blend (with a hand blender) until smooth
- Serve with additional chilli, peanuts, a drizzle of yoghurt and coriander
Share your Vita Coco Winter Warmers with us @VitaCocoUk #TastesLikeNoUdder