There’s nothing quite like homemade chocolates, and these melt-in-your-mouth coconut chocolate snowball truffles do not disappoint. They are completely rich, creamy and decadent. The coconut milk gives the chocolate a lovely fruity flavour, which balances out the cacao liquor to create a smooth aromatic sensation. Make ahead for dinner party desserts, or to give away as gifts – if you can resist eating them all.
300g cacao liquor (or good quality dark chocolate)
¾ cup. Vita Coco coconut milk
¼ cup. maple syrup
Pinch of salt
- Heat the coconut milk and maple syrup in a small pan until it reaches boiling point.
- Once boiling remove from the heat and add in the cacao liquor.
- Put the lid on for a couple of minutes and let the cacao melt.
- Then stir slowly until a thick glossy ganache has formed.
- Pour into a small bowl, and place into the fridge for at least 1 hour until the ganache starts to set, it should be firm but soft enough to shape.
- Scoop 1 tbsp. of mixture (approx. 20g) and roll into a ball – it will heat up in your hands so you need to work quickly.
- Once you’ve formed a ball roll in the desiccated coconut and set aside on a plate. Repeat this step with the rest of the mixture.
Share you Vita Coco sweet treats with us @VitaCocoUK #TastesLikeNoUdder