You know what? Cold weather isn't always that bad! It has its perks:
1) You get to wear cozy sweaters
2) You get to eat lots of desserts and drink hot chocolate
3) You get to eat comfort food, like this amazing soup
Okay, so we made that list just so that we could plug our own delicious soup recipe, but trust us--it's worth it! It's packed with delicious squash and sweet potatoes, and our Coconutmilk makes it so velvety, that you'll end up wanting to drink this year round!
- 1 to 2 cups Vita Coco Coconutmilk
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- ⅓ cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 small acorn squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the acorn squash and sweet potatoes on a large greased baking dish and roast for 1 hour.
- Add the broccoli and carrots with the sweet potatoes and acorn squash and continue roasting for 30-40 more minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Place the vegetables into a high-powered blender with the Coconutmilk and vegetable . Blend on high until the soup is creamy and fully pureed. Add salt to taste.
- Pour into a crockpot to keep warm, and serve topped with sunflower seeds and avocado slices.
QUICK NOTE: This recipe is pretty big, so you might have to blend it up in batches!