Let's talk about slow-cookers for a second.
They are the underrated kitchen appliance everyone needs. They are the MVP of busy mornings, late nights, last-minute dinner parties, and massive holiday gatherings. They're also perfect for making ordinary things feel super-fancy, like this oatmeal!
This recipe is one of our favorite ways to SPICE up an ordinary fall morning. The apples and cinnamon are a classic flavor combo, but we add in a hint of Coconutmilk for a subtle sweetness that shakes things up! We hope you enjoy this as much as we do--and once again, we're giving a huge-shout-out to slow-cookers for being the real fall champion!
- 4 cups Vita Coco Coconutmilk
- 4 cups water
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into cubes
- 2 cups Irish steel cut oats
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Vita Coco Coconutmilk
- maple syrup
- brown sugar
- nuts (pecans, pistachios, walnuts, etc.)
- dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, blueberries, etc.)
- Place all the ingredients into a slow cooker and put on low for 8 hours.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve warm.
Yes, that's really all you have to do--enjoy!