Looking for an easy alternative to the milk and cookies for Santa this year?
Going to a holiday cookie swap and don't feel like making a thousand cookies from scratch?
Need a holiday snack ASAP, but don't want to do too much work to get it?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then welcome! You've come to the right place! This dessert is super easy to assemble, and you'll go from "craving" to "enjoying" in just a few hours (we know that sounds like a long time, but technically, you don't have to wait for the chocolate to set if you don't want to!
A few notes:
*A double boiler is just a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water. Nothin' fancy.
*This recipe calls for dark and white chocolate, but you can use JUST dark or JUST white if that suits your fancy. We're not here to judge!
*The Coconutmilk, oil, and peppermint extract should be divided in half--1/2 for the dark chocolate, 1/2 for the white chocolate.
- 1 tsp Vita Coco Coconutmilk
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons oil (we recommend melted coconut oil, but use whatever you're comfortable with!)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate and oil together in a double boiler.
- Remove the chocolate from heat and pour in the peppermint extract and coconutmilk, and mix together until the mixture starts to harden.
- Pour onto the baking pan and spread out using a spoon (or your fingers).
- Place the pan into the refrigerator for an hour, or until the chocolate is hardened.
- While your dark chocolate is setting, clean the double boiler and then melt your white chocolate and oil.
- Remove from heat and add the other half your of peppermint extract and coconutmilk, and mix together.
- Pour the white chocolate over the hardened dark chocolate and spread out evenly. Add the crush candies on top, pushing them into the chocolate, and then refrigerate for another hour.
- Break up the pieces and serve.