Seriously, we need to taco bout how good this recipe is.
Okay, okay—we know when you think of coconut water, you think of the beach, fresh flavors, maybe some popsicles—but you definitely don’t think of a marinade. We get it.
But, we’re here to change your mind! Give this recipe a try one time, and we promise it’ll become one of your go-to’s. Besides, think about this: have you ever really had a BAD taco?
We certainly can’t say that we have!
- 16 oz. Vita Coco Coconut Water
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder
- 4 chopped ancho chile peppers
- 1 sliced white onion
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Your favorite tortillas for assembly
- Rub pork shoulders with salt before marinating with coconut water, ancho chile peppers, sliced white onion, crushed garlic cloves. Marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 300℉.
- Braise pork in a covered pan for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, marinate your shaved red onion in lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Remove pork from the oven and pull apart.
- Heat up tortillas, add pork, red onions, and cilantro. Serve right away, and enjoy!