We know what you're thinking: "blueberry muffins aren't even that good, why bother making this recipe?"
We hate to break it to you, but you're totally wrong! These blueberry muffins are deliciously light and sweet--so much so, that you MIGHT think it's a cupcake at first!
Okay, we're exaggerating a little--but trust us. They're easy to make, and even easier to eat! Once you make these blueberry muffins once, you won't ever want to eat another breakfast pastry again.
- 3/4 cup Vita Coco Coconutmilk, Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Vita Coco Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups White Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg (or flaxseed replacement, see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, egg, Coconutmilk, and vanilla together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Stir until just combined. The batter will be thick. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool.